The Diana Initiative plans to be in person in Las Vegas in 2022. Being an in person event during the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic brings extra considerations to our planning.
Where possible we will attempt a hybrid experience during the live event, but to enable those who may not be able to attend Las Vegas in person we are also having a one-day virtual event before the in-person event to enable a subset of our activities to be available to all of our community members.
We, and our attendees, must adhere to the current US and Nevada rules at the time of the event. These are constantly in flux and we will have to be flexible. Our rules may go above and beyond the legal minimums set in place by the Country and State and County we are hosting the event in.
At this time we are requiring all attendees to be fully vaccinated in order to attend. Currently fully vaccinated means the original shot or shots (depending on what type you received) and a booster, however, this could change by August. Attendees agree to this when signing up for a ticket. This applies to speakers, staff, volunteers, and sponsors.
We are requiring everyone to wear a mask. We recommend medical masks, KN-95, or N-95s.
- Mask should be a solid, multi-layer piece of material.
- Mask should not have slits, punctures, or be loosely woven / has slits (such as tulle, crochet, lace, etc).
- Mask should not have exhalation valves.
- A properly worn mask completely covers the nose and mouth.
- May contain filter pockets or sleeves.
- Items that do not count as masks; Scarves, ski masks, balaclavas, bandannas, shirt or sweater collars pulled up over the mouth and nose.
We will also be planning for reduced room capacity (social distancing) and as a result, we will be having less speaking tracks and less villages than in prior years.
We’d love your feedback on how we’re doing, and what we can do to make things even better for you. It makes a huge difference to know what is and isn’t working on sharing information with you, how we’re running events, how we’re doing on our commitment to inclusivity.