The Diana Initiative plans to be in person in Las Vegas in 2023. Being an in person event during the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic brings extra considerations to our planning.
We, and our attendees, must adhere to the current US and Nevada rules at the time of the event. These are constantly in flux and we will have to be flexible. Our rules may go above and beyond the legal minimums set in place by the Country and State and County we are hosting the event in.
We are requiring everyone to wear a mask.
- The mask needs to be [FFP2], KF-94, KN-95, N-95s, or comparable. Cloth masks with filters (such as PM2.5) are acceptable.
- Mask should be a solid, multi-layer piece of material.
- Mask should not have slits, punctures, or be loosely woven / has slits (such as tulle, crochet, lace, etc).
- Mask should not have exhalation valves.
- A properly worn mask completely covers the nose and mouth.
- May contain filter pockets or sleeves.
- Items that do not count as masks; Cloth masks without filters, Scarves, ski masks, balaclavas, bandannas, shirt or sweater collars pulled up over the mouth and nose.
We will be testing the Carbon Dioxide levels (CO2 ppm) in the event space before and during the event. We plan to place air filtration units in spaces with weaker air cycling to keep the risk levels lower.
Do you require a mask?
Yes as stated in our [COVID policies] we require masking for everyone.
Do you require a COVID vaccination?
No. This year we do not require a vaccine but we do require masks as stated in our [COVID policies].
What should I do if I test positive?
First, please do not come to the event space. If you test positive at the event or in the days after for covid – please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org along with what track(s) or village(s) you were at to the best of your memory. We will not share your name but we will warn/update everyone using social media to test themselves if they were in those locations. We will keep a public list of the number of cases (and dates of positivity if available) for the year. We hope you understand that we do not want anyone currently testing positive in the event space.
What should I do if I feel unwell?
First, please do not come to the event space. Next, take a covid test. If you are in the Westin let us know your room number and we’ll drop it off at your door. We will try and have extra covid tests on hand. We are providing tests to all volunteers and speakers, and will try to also supply them to any attendees who feel unwell.
We’d love your feedback on how we’re doing, and what we can do to make things even better for you. It makes a huge difference to know what is and isn’t working on sharing information with you, how we’re running events, how we’re doing on our commitment to inclusivity.