Ideas on things to do in Las Vegas that are not gambling
There is more to Nevada than the Las Vegas Strip!
For those attending we wanted to provide some ideas on things to do on and around the strip.
- Seigfried and Roy’s Secret Garden & Dolphin Habitat AT THE MIRAGE
- The Aquarium at Mandalay Bay
- Penn & Teller
- Cirque Du Soleil’s ‘O’ at the Bellagio
- Blue Man group
- Donny and Marie
- Affiliate link – VEGAS.com Show Deals In August
- The atomic museum
- Erotic history museum
- The Mob Museum
- Neon museum aka Las Vegas sign museum / Neon boneyard – (get tickets way in advance for dusk or after sundown)
- https://meowwolf.com/visit/las-vegas – get there early and ask about the scavenger hunt
- circus circus amusement park
- Stratosphere rides
- California Superbike school
- the range (machine guns) – like battlefield vegas
- Pinball hall of fame (you can play)
- ATV riding
- racetracks (you can drive at)
- smash/break rooms
- go karts https://www.lasvegas.com/attractions/off-the-strip/vegas-superkarts/
- maverick helicopter tours (recommended:dusk)
- The Bellagio Conservatory
- Chihuly glass ceiling at Bellagio
- Container park shopping area
- italian american club
- Dining in the Dark (off the strip)
- tours – https://www.lasvegas.com/tours/
- The Grand Canyon
- The Hoover Dam
- Death valley
- Valley of Fire
- Red Rock Canyon & red rocks scooter tour
- mount charleston
- Boulder City is a neat town to explore, we enjoyed lunch, a brewery, and poking our heads into various shops.
- Mountain biking at bootleg canyon in boulder city
- Tom’s Monster Museum in Boulder
Ideas on doing Las Vegas on the cheap
- If you can go to a grocery store at the start of your trip to grab water and snacks to avoid paying hotel fees for them! High protein healthy snacks will help.
- If your hotel room can make hot water consider instant things like oatmeal for breakfast.
- Consider if your hotel has laundry – you might be able to wash clothes instead of paying to check a bag. I suggest bringing your own laundry pod or strip from home to save that markup!
- Make friends before the event and find a room-mate to split costs with!
- I personally have done meal replacement shakes for breakfast and / or lunch so I had money to splurge on for dinner.
- Take a look and sign up for Vendor events at night to try and get free drinks and dinner.
- Consider volunteering. Sometimes volunteers get free entry and sometimes free hotel rooms and sometimes free food during the event!
Check out Travel Ruby – https://www.youtube.com/@TravelRuby